If yes, we want to hear about it.
List any of the following problems you have, but keep them seperate, so if you have a problem with 3 potential landlords, post them all separately.
Please list their full name (if you have it), their e-mail address, & their phone number or the location of the dwelling.
If you had problems with a Realtor, the same rules apply, list the name of their real estate company, their e-mail address & phone number.
If a landlord hires a Realtor to represent their house, they are responsible for any misleadings or Realtors who act in any way below.
Here are some potential problems you may encounter:
- Landlord never returns your calls even after you have left 1 or more messages.This is disrespectful, & no different than if you were to call any other company & request a phone call back.
If the place is already rented, the landlord should either tell you, or have it stated on his/her voicemail.
Remember, you are the potential client, & excellent customer service should be a given.
- The landlord discriminates against you either because of your race, gender, sexual orientation, or because you are a single mother.Please be specific as possible when making these claims. If you have anything in writing or any recorded audio, please keep it aside for evidence.
- The landlord strings you along leading you to believe the dwelling is available, & then a week or more later, poof, it is gone, & you have just wasted who knows how much time not to mention having hope that you had a place to live.
- The landlord was downright rude, & when you asked reasonable questions any potential tenant should ask, he/she gave you attitude, or you felt they were no longer interested because they prefer a tenant who won’t ask questions & has knowledge of their rights.This can even be questions about whether they will fix problems in the house.
- The pictures they sent you of of the dwelling didn’t look anything like what you saw in person.
- They misrepresented the dwelling in their ad or on the phone or in e-mail, & then you wasted time going over there only to find out it was a lie.
- You arranged with the landlord (this has to be an actual arrangement, not just you popping over with no notice) to view the dwelling & after wasting gas & your time, you get there & you are told it is gone.
If you have any other issues you encountered, please e-mail us directly so we can add in more issues on this page. We will then let you know when you can copy & paste your experience.