Abiola (aka Abi) Afolabi
Integrity Mortgages and Project Funding
In response to demands from Ms. Abiola (aka Abi) Afolabi’s counsel, we have removed the original post which detailed my personal experiences with her. It was inartful of me to make certain statements that could be inferred to be statements of fact as opposed to opinion.
Accordingly, to avoid pointless litigation while protecting my right to voice my opinion and without admitting that anything in the post was deliberately false or other than my personal recollection of events, I retract any factual connotation or inference that might be drawn from those experiences that Ms. Afolabi:
- Attempted to create a mortgage deal that was similar to what banks did to people in the U.S.
- Engaged in conduct that was dishonest or fraudulent
- “Lied” to me concerning the condition of the temporary residence or the terms of home financing that she would be able to provide
- Has a bad memory
- Led me to believe something that was not true
- Changes her mind all the time
- Is not clean
- Gets her sons to make improper repairs to her properties
- Is typical of other landlords who don’t like to hire professionals to make repairs
Essentially, without any statement of fact being intended, and without regard to statements made by third parties, my personal opinion is that:
- Having fully disclosed my financial and credit situation to Ms. Afolabi and my requirements for a home loan, I moved from the Toronto area (a big move) to a temporary residence Abi arranged for me in Windsor. I did all of this relying upon her advice & what I thought to be her reassurance everything would be worked out once I got to Windsor. My understanding of this was that she could obtain 100% home financing for me on terms that I could afford per our previous discussions regarding those requirements.
- The temporary residence she provided for me did not meet my expectations and my personal impression of the condition of the property upon arrival was inconsistent with the way I understood the representations she made to me before I moved. This stressed me even more than what a normal move would have stressed me & this went on for at least 2-3 weeks.
- I was further disappointed with the speed at which the property’s issues were addressed for my tenancy. I was also disappointed with the quality of some of the work done on the property.
- I came to believe that Abi would be unable to arrange any such home financing. This caused me a lot of stress plus I had to make other immediate arrangements for housing.
- I was very disappointed with the entire experience and would not recommend Ms. Abiola Afolabi’s services to anyone.